The form for requesting a book review is at the bottom of this page. This review policy sets out what I will and won’t review – please familiarise yourself before sending in a review request.
Novellique’s Review Policy
Am I accepting book reviews?
- Yes, I am currently accepting a limited number of review copies. Physical format is preferred but I am also willing to accept eARCs, provided they abide by the rest of my criteria.
What do I accept? What do I not accept?
The genres I ACCEPT for reviewing are:
- Young Adult Fantasy
- Young Adult Science Fiction
- Young Adult Contemporary
- Young Adult mixed genre
I DO NOT ACCEPT:
- erotica, self-help books and non-fiction in general, as well as
- audiobooks, graphic novels, or multi-media projects in any form other than a book.
Requirements for sending a review request?
- Review requests MUST be made via the form provided.
- Books MUST NOT have already been published – they must be an ARC (advanced reading copy, also known as a proof).
- Books MUST have a fully set up Goodreads book and author page. This page SHOULD already have some reviews.
- I slightly favour UK INDIE AUTHORS over indie authors from elsewhere – please state this in your application.
How do I respond to review requests?
- Due to the extreme influx of book reviews I have recieved in the past, I am not able to respond to every review request.
- If you don’t receive a reply in two weeks, assume I am either not interested or unable to take on any more review requests.
What happens after a review is written?
- In some cases I will DNF (‘Did Not Finish’) a book, but will still write a note about this both on my book and on my blog. I will not add a rating on Goodreads unless I am over 50% of the way through.
- Often, a DNF means the book is just not for me and is not intended as an insult to the author/s involved.
- It is considered polite to share a review you have requested, especially if it is a positive review.
- Reviews are cross-posted on Goodreads, Amazon and other websites (if requested).
- I WILL NOT change review ratings at the suggestion/demand of authors. This is my space to share my personal opinions about a book – an opinion you are requesting through this system.
What about author spotlights/interviews/guest posts?
- At the moment I am only interested in the above for AUTHORS where I have PREVIOUSLY REVIEWED one of their books.
- If you are a BOOK BLOGGER interested in a guest post, please send an email to email@example.com with a link to your blog and the intended topic you have in mind.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org -> remember, review requests MUST be made via the form below.