I’ve previously used the What Are You Reading Wednesday meme to discuss which books I’m reading, but since it’s 2018 I decided to revert back to my weekly reading update. It’ll still be posted mid-week, on Wednesdays, but I plan to make it a strict weekly feature.
Novellique Weekly Reading Update #1
This week I’m reading three books, two of which are for university and one which I’ve been meaning to read for months and months.
1. Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare
- I’m really enjoying getting back into the Shadowhunter chronicles – I’ve been reading this for ages but as it’s a giant book I’m not taking it between home and university, which means I can only read it while I’m home… unless I get super hooked at the end of January, in which case I may have to struggle back to university with it. If my suitcase is heavy it will absolutely be because I’m packing too many books. English Literature student problems!
2. Becoming A Writer by Dorothea Brande
- This is a book for my Creative Writing module at university but I’m enjoying it as a general informative book about creative writing. It is really eye-opening and inspirational – if you want to get into creative writing or struggle to write like you want to, this is a great book.
3. Dracula by Bram Stoker
- This is another book for my university reading. I’ve never read Dracula before, although I’ve always meant to, so I’m glad I’m getting the encouragement to finally pick it up.
What are you reading this week? Let me know in the comments!