Thank you to LittleFantasyLandBlog for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger award!
Mystery Blogger Award
The rules of the Mystery Blogger award are as follows:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well.
- Tell your readers three facts about you.
You have to nominate 10 – 20 peopleI’m only nominating a few, haha!
- Notify each of your nominees.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question.
- Share your link to your best post(s).
Questions & Answers
Q: Do you prefer books in first or third person?
A: It depends on the setting. First person can be good for getting close to a character emotionally, but can become extremely dull and cliché in many young adult novels. I think if I had to pick, I’d choose first person.
Q: What attracts you to a character?
A: Their complexity and why they are the way they are. I also like morally grey characters who don’t instant make the ‘good’ choice and may explore ‘darker’ emotions such as being selfish when it comes to saving the ones they love over saving other people.
Q: What are your thoughts on love triangles and instant love?
A: Love triangles can be extremely clever when done correctly, but in general I prefer to stay away from them. I’ve read too many examples – both good and bad – and in all cases I feel frustrated at the characters involved. With instant love, again, it depends on how it is written – there are examples of quick attraction coming together which are fun and exciting to read, while there are just as much (if not more) of bad examples.
Q: Favourite book cover? What is it you like about it?
A: Don’t make me pick just one, please! I love the new Harry Potter covers (the UK set with the painted-style covers) and I also love the new covers of both The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices.
Q: If you could make reading any series compulsory, which series would you chose?
A: The Harry Potter series, for sure, end of discussion.
Q: RANDOM – what is your favourite season and why?
A: This one is difficult! In winter I would tell you summer, and in summer I would tell you winter. I quite like autumn and spring though, too. This question is very difficult for me – I like them all, in different ways, for different reasons.
The questions for my nominees are…
- How do you organise your bookshelves?
- What draws you to a book?
- If you could only read one genre for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What makes you want to not finish a book?
- RANDOM: Are you a fairy lights enthusiast?
I tried to pick people who, as far as I could see, hadn’t already taken part! The people I tag, should they wish to take part, are…