2017 Beat the Backlist is about finally getting to those books you’ve been putting off in your TBR – therefore, a great idea for me for the duration of 2017! Future Beat the Backlist posts will be linked here…
This challenge is being hosted by NovelKnight. I will be creating a goodreads shelf for anything I read towards the challenge, and I hope creating monthly update posts – although this will depend how fast I read.
2017 Beat the Backlist
I’m going to set an estimate/target of 25 books for this challenge. Here’s a few suggestions of some of the books I intend to read or finish:
- Fool’s Quest by Robin Hobb
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas
- It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare*
- Paper Butterflies by Lisa Heathfield
- It’s Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini
- Stray by Rachael Vincent
- Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas*
- Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas*
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- The Sun is also a Star by Nicola Yoon
- The Painted Man by Peter V Brett
- The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- 1984 by George Orwell*
I went through my goodreads list and tried to pick out as many of the high rating books that I really want to read. They’re also a mix of genres too! While I won’t necessarily read all of these specifically, the majority of these are books I’ve been meaning to read and haven’t got around to yet.
Anything marked with a * indicates a book I’ve started, not finished, but still have been meaning to get finished from my TBR.
Are you guys thinking of taking part in this challenge? Got any books you’ve been meaning to read for ages? Want to read any of the books I’ve mentioned above? Let me know in the comments!
Want to keep up to date with what I’m reading?
Want to keep updated on Twitter?