This month has been an extremely slow month for reading, but I’m buried in deadlines at the moment. This week my University personal statement and full application has been submitted, with upcoming Photography and English Literature deadlines. Busy is an understatement. Anyway, here’s my reading breakdown this month.
November Wrap Up
This month I’ve finished 2 books:
- And I Darken by Kiersten White is my book of the month for November and I wrote a book review you can read here.
- The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black is a novel I’d been looking forward to for ages, ever since I read The Darkest Part of the Forest.
I’m still reading several books:
- Rarity From The Hollow by Robert Eggleton is a review copy I’m reading in exchange for a honest review. It’s unlike anything I’ve ever read but that is neither good nor bad.
- The Next Together by Lauren James is a book I’ve heard a lot of good things about and was free through the iBooks weekly book deal. It’s time travel, science fiction and a romance. Again, it’s unique, and I like that to keep reading refreshing.
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury is a book I briefly stopped reading and started reading again.
I did not finish (DNF) one book this month:
- The Heirs of Lydin by Aidan Hennessy isn’t a book I dislike – I just feel that it isn’t the book for me, which is a shame because it had a Shannara Chronicles vibe to it (a show I loved). If you’re into high fantasy I would definitely reccomend The Heirs of Lydin and to rely on the high scores of other Goodreads reviewers rather than taking my DNF as a criticism.
How have you guys been getting along with reading this month? Let me know in the comments!
Want to keep up to date with what I’m reading?
Want to keep updated on Twitter?