Good luck to all of you taking part in NaNoWriMo – I’m not this year (blame A Levels) but I’m still attempting to write a little bit each night… or a lot every couple of nights. Here’s the latest on my Writing Quest – catch up with previous posts here.
I kept trying and failing to write up Writing Quest posts, so here’s a quick catch up.
- At one point, I did start writing something I very carefully named “novel2” in my documents but I’ve returned back to the original “novel” document because this story needs to be told and refuses to let go.
- So far, I have half of the prologue – with notes for the second half, a completed first chapter and I’m working on chapter two at the moment. I have draft chapter names, too, but I’m not sure if they’ll remain the way they are. I want to do something clever with chapter titles since they’re always something I struggle with.
I went to see Doctor Strange last Sunday and I think it really gave me the confidence to visualise and describe the magic I’m dealing with. I’d imagined it in a similar strange to Doctor Strange, so seeing it on the big screen (albeit in a very different context) was… strange, pun intended. Expect a non-spoiler review tomorrow!
In terms of music and video inspirations, I’m currently playing the Assassin’s Creed trailers and the music of their soundtracks.
- Assassin’s Creed Trailer 1
- -> Soundtrack
- I remember seeing this trailer for the first time and being amazed at how different it was from typical video game adaptations – and how groundbreaking it potentially will be. This isn’t a post about Assassin’s Creed but incase you couldn’t tell, I’m super excited.
- Assassin’s Creed Trailer
- -> Soundtrack
- I’ve watched and listened to this one so many times, it’s bordering on procrastination but I like the energy for the current scene I’m writing (plus listening to the same music gets me stuck in a writers block).
Want to keep up to date with what I’m reading?
Want to keep updated on Twitter?